Wednesday, February 18, 2009

WTF

You schedule an appointment with me for 4:30 in the afternoon, the last time slot of the day. It had to be the last time slot, that was the deal. And by appointment, I mean you call me, we talk, you want to get together so that we can chat some more, and you ask me to schedule you a specific time. The last time of the day, it's the only one that will work.

And then you don't show up...

This wouldn't really matter if I had another appointment at 4:00, but my previous appointments ended at 2:30. And I was starving, like diabetic shock kind of hungry.

Then I call you, and I'm nice about it, because that's my job. You apologize, several times, we both know that you are the asshole. But I'm still super nice, "don't worry about it," "not a problem at all." Now, I know that you feel kinda bad, but I could have made you feel much worse. Oh yeah, you would have felt pretty shitty if I let loose on how much you ruined my afternoon. Because, like we both know, you are the asshole here.

Sometimes being nice to other people feels like I'm being mean to myself.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe, but I can be an unnecessarily special kind of mean if I'm not careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the more reason just to call a spade a spade and the person who stood you up a flaming asshole. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had better job security I think that's the way I would have gone!

    ReplyDelete