Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Unexpected Talent Pool

Who is the more surprising titan of sci-fi/fantasy films?

Christopher Lee
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Saruman)
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Count Dooku)

or

Ian McKellen
Lord of the Rings Trilogy (Gandalf)
X-men Trilogy (Magneto)

I'm not talking about who is better, the X-men franchise was pretty trashy in parts, but the Star Wars prequels were epically trash.

Honorable mention to Harrison Ford for the better part of Star Wars and Indiana Jones.  But he is a less surprising choice (Blade Runner anyone?) and sold out to an epic proportion for the Crystal Skull.

2 comments:

  1. I'm gonna have to say Ian Mckellan. I do believe that Christopher Lee jumped from horror to Sci-fi. Not a huge leap, in my opinion. However Ian Mckellan , Cambridge, Royal Shakespeare Company, currently on stage in London. ( Samuel Becket, I think.)i have no doubt that I am missing details. Christopher Lee was god in LOTR, But Sir Ian ( Oh yes, Knighted) was perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I believe they were both knighted.

    Though I agree that Ian McKellan is the more respected actor overall, though it's splitting hairs at this point.

    ReplyDelete