Monday, September 6, 2010

Getting Old

People get mad at me for talking about getting old. But since I'm falling apart to a degree where I'm unlikely to see my mid-thirties, back off. If I were a horse they'd have put me down already.

One example I've noticed recently is that I've changed how I put shorts on. I used to hold my shorts with both hands, then lean down to step one leg in at a time. This should be a pretty natural maneuver for most of you. Putting on pants isn't all that complex.

However, I've moved beyond that simple procedure and have added a lazy balance element. Instead of holding my clothing and stepping into them, I now dangle the shorts by one side and try to put my first leg in on the swing. This saves me from bending over the 4 inches to reach down to stepping distance.

Why do I go through this, you ask? Because I'm getting old...

No comments:

Post a Comment