Friday, September 24, 2010

I'm that guy

Look, I know that I make fun of modern “music” quite a bit. And it is a little unfair, since I never listen to it. I’ll hear a song here or there, and think about how hell can’t be that bad, if this is what we have to go through now. But since I don’t watch MTV or listen to the radio, I really am in the dark about these things.

Well, today I expanded my horizons by listening to the radio on my drive to work. I had an audiobook to listen to for awhile, but when it ended I didn’t feel like fumbling through cd’s on the freeway. So I switched to FM and scanned through the stations. Maybe one in five stations wasn’t playing a commercial at any given time, and one in five of those was worth listening to. That’s one in 25 stations people, and I’m pretty sure there are only 20 or so stations that you can get at a time anyway.

It’s really appalling the crap people listen to nowadays. Seriously? This is hip hop? It ain’t hip and I ain’t hopping. Pop music? Who made this stuff popular?

Needless to say that after I confirmed that my ears were not actually bleeding, I put in some cd’s for the ride home.

No comments:

Post a Comment