Saturday, May 14, 2011

Rum Cake

So I've been looking around to find a rum cake recipe. Why? I dunno, because I'm an alcoholic with a bundt pan I guess. Get off it.

Anyway, I've been looking around and every recipe I'm finding has an ingredient list that includes...ahem... "yellow cake mix." Really? You're the type of person who makes Hamburger Helper from scratch, aren't you? Boxed pre-mix items are not, let me be clear, ARE NOT a recipe! It's the absence of a recipe, that's the entire point. You add water or milk and viola! It's magic!

I want to be fair here, there's nothing wrong with yellow cake mix. It creates a light and fluffy pile of mediocrity fit for all occasions. But if you are going to be audacious enough to post a recipe, you cannot include "yellow fricking cake damn mix" as an ingredient.

End of public service announcement.

No comments:

Post a Comment