Monday, May 14, 2012

Hater


        The best compliment that I think I’ve ever been given is when someone said that I look like I could be a “hater.”  I’m still not exactly sure what a hater is, but apparently it’s pretty intimidating.  This is several shades of awesome.  There are probably two things worth noting here:
        1.  The only thing that guys notice about each other is whether or not we can “take the other out.”  It’s not so much that we are always in a fighting mood or anything overly aggressive, but rather that if things came down to fight or flight we instinctively want to know what to do.  Women compare shoes, men: possible death scenarios.
        2.  I’m not very tall, a little pudgy, and extremely pale.  The pale would work if I was a specter, but unfortunately my (pudgy) tangibility takes that option away.
        Based on factoid #2, people like me aren’t generally all that high up the intimidation scale.  But apparently I do possess some sort of “hater” persona, so that bumps me up a few notches.  I have no idea why.  It could be that I’m always glaring at people, but I have pretty sensitive eyesight.  And you know what?  I don’t care, because it’s the best compliment ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment