Sunday, May 3, 2009

Commitment

Martin Cole: And that’s the thing, I just don’t think you understand what’s going on here.

Dennis Marley: Okay, just try to explain it to me. Take your time, from the beginning.

Martin: Well, what I think you don’t understand is that I really love her, and people just don’t understand what that means. I mean, she has something special, y’know? And it’s not a normal kind of special. I know that she was pretty to you, but she was beautiful to me. Do you understand how beautiful she’s always been to me?

Dennis: Very beautiful.

Martin: Not just beautiful, she’s transcends beauty. She’s like a perfect angel, like nobody else I’ve ever known. Perfect, just perfect…

Dennis: How did you first meet?

Martin: That’s the thing, I feel like I’ve always known her. Like from the day I was born. I know that I know her. But something went wrong. And I, like, I just don’t know what it could possibly be. I mean, I tried everything to fix it. I mean everything. I called her over and over again, but she just wouldn’t talk to me. I deserved to be listened to, she owed me that. You know how many times I tried to call her.

Dennis: You did call her a lot, I know.

Martin: That’s right, but she just wouldn’t talk to me. That’s just wrong, and it’s so unnecessary. I wrote her letters telling her how much I loved her and how sorry I was about everything. I just wanted a chance, just one chance to tell her how I felt. Because if I could just talk to her she’d understand that it’s all a misunderstanding. I mean I called, I wrote. I even waited outside her house. I didn’t bang on her door or anything, I just sat and waited. I knew that she wasn’t sure she wanted to talk to me. I mean, I understand that. But I just wanted to be there, but still, like, give her her space. So I just waited.

Dennis: When did you wait outside her house?

Martin: Oh, I don’t know. I did it a couple times. Not too much, not like a creepy amount of times or anything. Just a couple.

Dennis: And did she ever come out?

Martin: That’s the thing, she wouldn’t give in. You understand? I just wanted five minutes. Two minutes! Just to explain to her and fix everything. That’s all I needed, two minutes. It just wasn’t fair!

Dennis: But you had to get the impression that she didn’t want to talk to you.

Martin: I know, but she needed to talk to me. It just wasn’t right. You need to know that I totally love her. I love everything about her. It’s all because I love her so much that I don’t know what to do with myself. Have you ever loved anything like that?

Officer Marley: But Mr. Cole, that doesn’t explain why you killed her.

1 comment:

  1. You get it.
    A lot of women thank you. I am among them.

    ReplyDelete