Thursday, July 23, 2009

The way things ought to be...

Let me paint you a picture of my evening.

 

Setting:  Santa Barbara in late July, 68 degrees, on the patio

Activity:  Listening to James Taylor (Sweet Baby James album) smoking a cigar (that was a gift) drinking a beer.

 

So it’s nice and quiet, as I have the music fairly low.  I know all the songs well enough that a hint of the melody starts the whole thing going through my head anyways, and frankly there is no reason to blast folk.  I’m relaxing by myself, smoking my cigar in a leisurely fashion, sipping on my one and only beer (trying to cut back, turns out empty calories stick to the ribs.)  There is a warm breeze blowing faintly, and I’m not wearing shoes.

 

Not bad, right?

 

And that’s why I hate TV, because all to often I get home and plop my fat ass on the couch and vegetate.  If I didn’t have a television, I have an inkling that I’d be outside doing this kind of thing more often.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment